FALL BUCKET LIST
First off... Holy cow, what a week! I am in complete shock about the attention that last post got with our #StrongLikeYou video from Jane. So very humbled by the amount of comments, likes, shares and views. We are spreading our message so far and wide! I've been responding emails literally from around the world. It brings me to tears thinking about the way people could be changing their option of Down syndrome. I always knew Welles was born with a mission...
NOW... As if this is the first time I've mentioned it, but... FALL! My favorite, favorite, most favorite time of year. When my husband told me that fall was probably his least favorite season, I gasped and told him we may have a martial problem on our hands! So this year I am on a mission (as I am every year) to jam-pack our family time with fall, pumpkin, crunchy-leaves, autumn scented candles and corn mazes!
After accomplishing most of the things on our "Summer Bucket List" (because of the pressure from posting it;)), I decided that I will do a bucket list for every season. It motivates me to get my family out and do things we maybe wouldn't if I hadn't committed myself via. bucket list, to the social media world! ;)
So below I will post our "Fall Bucket List" and then do some follow-ups about it over the next month or two. I even pushed myself out of my comfort zone on this, seeing as I am not your poster-child mom for crafts or baking. I may even be one of the worlds most creatively-challenged mothers. But here's to doing things you suck at for your kids enjoyment!
FALL 2016 BUCKET LIST;
- Bake a home made pie... Yikes! Ambitious??
- Fall hikes (aka kid-friendly trail walking) weekly while it's warm enough
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Make a craft involving collected leaves with Scarlett
- A couple family bike rides/help Scarlett finally learn to ride her bike (bike-riding is not in her comfort zone #myprissylittlething)
- Make pumpkin steamers
- One-on-one date with Welles to collect leaves and feel their different textures (sensory excercise)
- Make "Thankful" leaves with Scarlett
- Hay ride and corn maze with the whole fam
- Take kids apple picking at a local orchard
- Halloween date with Scott (haunted house?)
- Silver lake to walk the boardwalk with the kids
- Pumpkin decorating
- Pumpkin cookie making wish Scarlett
And there you have it! Hoping to cross off each and every item this fall and make autumn my hubby's new favorite season. Maybe the home-made pie will seal the deal? Last time he requested a pie, I burnt it... A frozen, Marie Calendars pie.. Burnt!
Now, I'm off to replace the smell of diapers and nuggets in the car, with the smell of an apple crisp car-freshener. Happy fall, ya'll!