HOLIDAY BUCKET LIST
Are you sick of my bucket lists yet? Too bad! Who knew I was such a task master?! I guess that's what motherhood is doing to me.
Holidays are here! George Wyle got it right when he wrote "It's the most wonderful time of the year". I couldn't agree more with ya, Georgey boy! And having kids get excited over the season really ups the fun level by a few notches.
With all of the holiday buzz, my focus this year is to teach Scarlett what our family knows to be the true importance of these holidays. My next focus is to really soak up all of the Thanksgiving and Christmas fun without thinking too much about our new house being done soon after (January)! Speaking of our house, this rental is trying real hard to kill the Christmas-cheer vibe seeing that there is literally no space for a tree, ANYWHERE! A table tree you think? Not a chance. Welles' favorite game is to climb on top of the table and throw everything off. I'm thinking a vinyl wall tree might have to work this year... It might just be my craftiest Christmas to date! Yes, in my mind anything vinyl is considered crafty.
HOLIDAY BUCKET LIST:
- Make "thankful" leaves with Scarlett
- Bake a homemade pie for the first time
- Thanksgiving in CA with my family
- Explore San Fran in all of it's holiday goodness
- Make wassail
- Take the family to see a live nativity
- Master gingersnap cookies
- Find the most unusual white elephant gift
- Take Scarlett to do random acts of kindness for strangers (leave dollar bills in vending machines, hand out $5 gift cards to homeless, etc..)
- Ride the Christmas bus with the extended family
- Help Scarlett write a letter to Santa
- Go see the Christmas lights on temple square
- Take Scarlett to see the Nutcracker
- Read Luke 2 with the family
- Go iceskating with Scott
- Make gingerbread houses with cousins
- Get Scott an actual gift rather than make a coupon book ;)
- Go sledding with friends and family
- Go to The Grand America to see the ornate gingerbread houses (they're amazing)
Any other ideas? Happy thankful week!