HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE FOR WELLES
Since we got a great response over Scar's gift guide, I decided to share with my peeps what we're getting Welles. He is such a happy and content child and would probably be thrilled with a single ball from Walmart. This beautiful and grateful attitude of his makes me want to spoil him all the more! But I'll contain myself and stick to the items below, which are plenty enough spoils for any child. ;) I can't wait to see his reaction when he opens them.
Welles is finally to the point where he really enjoys certain and specific toys/activities. So that is what I catered his Christmas list around. Since I only buy my kids new toys on their birthdays and at Christmas, I have been waiting to give him these "big boy" items! All he really has at the moment are baby toys and he's getting a little bored of them. He usually resorts throwing all of the blocks like balls or stealing Scarlett's Barbie car to zoom around with his couple little matchbox cars! He'll be in heaven with these little items below.
- Plasma Car: Right now it's all about all things wheels! This past summer we could not go to a park or on a walk without Welles trying to steal someone's scooter or without him sitting and spinning the wheels on an abandoned bike by a playground. He has sat on a few of these little cars at friends homes and we haven't been able to get him off without tears. He's going to flip over this!
- Little Cottonwood Co. Wooden Toolbox: Since he is daddy's little shadow, following him everywhere and copying Scott's every move, I thought this was a perfect little gift. We are moving into our new home (finally!) in January and Scott will be doing a lot of little projects. So now, with this tool box, Welles can be his helper! ;)
- Ninja Turtles Mask, Ninja Turtle Electric Sword, Ninja Turtles Shell: Monkey see, monkey do! With a big sister to emulate, Welles is constantly toting around purses and wearing headbands. He LOVES dressing up. It's hysterical and darling. He enjoys all of the Ninja Turtle toys at his buddy's house so we thought this would be a more suitable dress-up for him!
- Roll & Play: I'm thrilled over this game. It's a big developmental activity for Welles. He will roll the dice, pull a card with the corresponding color and act out the activity. With our whole family playing along and showing him the way, I think it will be a great tool in his cognitive development and I'm so excited about it! We also went ahead and got the Yoga Spinner (not pictured) by Think Fun. All of their games and activities look amazing for development and educational family fun.
- Magnaformers: Have you ever seen these?! They are so cool! And great for fine motor skills. Welles and I played with these for about an hour at a friends house. He was so focused on the activity. He'll love having his own.
- Sensory Bin: I got this for his water sensory beads (listed below). BUT there are a million sensory activities I'll use this for. Sand play, water play and all different texture play. If you have a kid with sensory issues, you understand this. ;)
- Water Sensory Beads: Welles' new FAVORITE therapy... his therapist brought these over and Welles could not get enough. They're super cheap and a great way for sensory play plus long period entertainment! ;) I'm always looking for a way to keep this boy busy for more than two minutes at a time!
- TickTack Shirt & Pants: I about died over this cute outfit. Perfect for my hip little man. So incredibly cute, right? Great brand, too.
- Cloud Sweatshirt: Not only is this sweatshirt adorable, but it has some symbolism for me. Welles only rains happiness and it's my favorite thing about him. This brand is darling. Check them out!
- Black High Top Sneakers: Velcro and adorable... No brainer. Easy to put on and super stylish is my preferred method of outfitting Welles. ;) And he finally grew out of his other black high tops. Perfect!
- Dragons Love Tacos: I just thought this was the cutest book! Welles loves growling when he see's dinosaurs or dragons! He'll love this one.
- My 1st Dinosaur Flash Cards: Super cute and educational, plus Welles adores dinos. Two thumbs up!
- Touch Think Learn ABCs: In the next year, we'll likely begin trying to identify letters with Welles. I thought this was a darling way to get started.
- You Belong Here: The title just gave me all the feels... Meant for Welles!